Saturday, November 15, 2008

Couldn't remember my password

Here I am staining our cheap but

functional mantle.



Here are a few pictures. I just

realized that I haven't downloded

any new pictures into our computer.

This pictures shows how dirty

the light asscussions were before

we painted them. Yuk!




It's been so long since I've blogged that I just spent the last 20 minutes trying to remember by password. What a good use of time. We are spending the night at my in-laws, who have high speed Internet, so I'm trying to send a shout out to those who may still care what is happening at the "Mansion".



Between dial up Internet and an aging computer my blogging efforts have come to a stand still. Homeschooling and Mr. Fix-It's new job have also taken up a lot of time and mental energy. Unlike my dear Sister-In-Laws, writing is not a gift that comes naturally to me. It takes a lot of energy and hard work to produce a reasonable and readable article.



Anyways....We have been busily working on our house and trying to button things up before the Long Hard Winter sets in. These projects include but are not limited to, putting a French drain in our front yard, hauling wood into our basement, so not to freeze during the winter. And laying gravel in our driveways to assure our visitors that our parking area is indeed intended for parking and not for mud bogging (a very popular past time in Upstate NY).



We have made some progress on the inside as well. The kitchen / living /dining area are almost done. We have the details to finish up, but we usually like to save those projects for when we know we are selling the house. Having a For Sale sign in the front yard is a great motivator. We have also painted Isabelle's room. I'm going to post some pictures (when I download them). I hope to have a better Internet system before the end of the month. Mr. Fix-It is working out a deal that I can pay for the increase in Internet if I do some paper work for him at home. I hope I'm qualified for the job! I encourage all you are enjoying your high-speed Internet. It's not a privilege that everyone in our country gets!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Hey Dee, I can't wait to see pictures of your house and all of the projects you are working on. Homeschooling definitely cuts into your free time, but it's worth it.
The kids say hi and that they miss the girls.

sem