Sunday, September 21, 2008

Excuses

I'd like to apologize to anyone who has attempted to follow my blog for my blogosphere disappearance. Life and a sick computer have temporarily sidelined any blogging. Aside from my Internet being horribly slow, I believe my computer has a little cold that is making it sluggish. Not knowing anything about computers and not having the time to learn, Mr. Fix-It and I have patiently endured each Internet session. We bring a book to read when we know we're getting on the Internet. It gives us something to do when she is "searching". The computer is getting up in years and needs a little more time to do it's job. She's been a part our family for 5 1/2 years now and we feel she's going to have to go into the shop for a little tune up. But please keep this a secret. We don't want her to know we're sending her away and have her get mad at us and run even slower. I hear electronics and appliances have a tendency to do that sort of thing. We've already had to fix the fridge.
Important things like vacations, new jobs, and home education have been infringing on my blog time. We went on vacation in Western Mass. and had a wonderful time avoiding reality. Mr. Fix-It has a new job (Yeah!) and he has been traveling out of town to take classes in ordered to get some required licences. This is an exciting but busy time for us, so unfortunately with the speed of our computer blogging has not made it on the to do list. Writing the To Do List is still on the to do list.
On the home front; we have painted the walls in the upstairs bath and the school room. I really like the colors and I'm looking forward to getting the trim put up in the rooms putting on the finishing touches. I hoping that we will have a satellite Internet by the time those rooms are done, so I can share pictures. The contractor finished his two week job in jus under 5 weeks, so things are really starting look up. Apparently the contractor we hired only works 20 hours a week. I guess he thought the U.S. had switched to French work week. Darn, I must have missed that memo.
Since I'm sure it's mostly my in-laws who are reading this. We all say hi! and love reading your blogs!
I hope to be back soon!

3 comments:

Kate said...

I'm really excited about Mr. Fixit's new job too. I know you have been waiting for this for a long time.

Looking forward to seeing pictures.

Kate

Sarah said...

Way to go Mr. Fixit! I'm happy you've got a new job. I can't wait to see pictures.

sem

Unknown said...

Yay for the new job and getting the house almost done. Last night as I was trying to get Mayumi to sleep she asked if Livvy was asleep yet. Although I knew Livvy was NOT asleep, I told a little white lie and said she was.

I think I might have to give up her nap, these 9 pm bedtimes are not cool.

Kim