Thursday, August 7, 2008

Marriage Therepy



My husband and I are seeing a marriage counselor. Our counselor uses a few different tools and techniques than the typical counselor. When he comes to do a session he brings his ladder and drill. This type of counseling is very effective for us. Actually, he's not a counselor but a contractor, but I assure you these sessions are transforming our marriage one project at a time.

We do have a couple of people coming in and doing some work for us. This is a HUGE step for my husband who is so stubborn, focused , and frugal that hiring help is against his morals on many different levels. But my own determination (and the Lord's divine intervention) has helped my husband see the light. The stress that has been relieved by this decision is immeasurable. I see the money we're spending as an investment...in our marriage.


Enjoy the updated pictures of our kitchen. It isn't done yet, but it's a lot more functional. We still have to paint and put our knobs on the cabinets. Notice our butcher block counter top on the island. It's the one from IKEA.

2 comments:

Kate said...

Hey Dee,

Your appliances are beautiful. I think the countertop looks quite similar to the one we just put in.

Kate

Dee said...

Kate,
Thanks for the compliment on the appliances. They are the stainless steel "look" finish. I actually like them because you can't see finger prints on them. If we could just get our refigerator to keep our food cold. The repair man should be here tomorrow to fix that problem. I can't wait to see pictures of your kitchen.

Dee